Saturday, August 14, 2010

Two Blog Features

Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all having a great weekend.
I want to apologize for not getting my post up about my bedroom details last week, 
I have had internet problems all week long.
I will share some details about my bedroom on my next post.



Today I have two inspiring blog features to share with you.
These are two blogs that I chose to feature from my Cabbages and Roses Giveaway.



The first blog I am featuring is Andrea's blog...




Tell us a something about you and your blog?

 I originally started my blog as a way to get my online store's name out there....but it has now become a place for me to share my love of decorating, makeovers, gardening, etc....Oh....and I do talk about the shop every once in a while. As for a little something about me....I'm a simple girl who loves to stay at home...whether it be inside or in the garden....taking care of chickens or goats....painting a fence or coop....it's just my favorite place to be.



Where are you from?

 I was born and raised in California...to an italian family...and moved to the midwest about 5 years ago....and I'm lovin' it.



What inspired you to open your lovely online store?

 After having moved from California to Nebraska, I became a stay-at-home mom...which gave me the opportunity to find something I love to do....own a little online shop....and still be able to stay home with my kids.




How would you describe your style?

 Simple and comfortable.
 There's no museum rooms here...my whole house is lived in....it's all about comfort for me.








What is your favorite room in your home? 

My family room....it's my boy's favorite room...therefore, mine too. It's the place where we all get together to watch movies and play games.





What do you want  readers to learn from reading your blog? 

I hope they go away feeling inspired....inspired to live more simply.



How has blogging had an impact on your life? 

I have found a community of like minded women who love supporting and encouraging one another...and who just "get" me...it's something I didn't expect to find...but I'm so glad I did.



Thank you Andrea!!
Andrea is one talented and creative girl.
 After she had just learned how to sew, and took on the task of recovering an entire sectional!!!







Andrea also had a visit from Fifi O'Neil this summer.
Andrea's home is going to be featured in Fifi's new book, which will be released next spring.
Congratulations Andrea!!!  I can't wait to see your  home in Fifi's book!

A few links for Andrea~





The second blog Feature is Jeniffer's blog, Piney Flats Style.




Tell us a little bit about you and your blog?

I'm a wife and a mother of 2 teenagers,a girl and a boy and have 2 fur babies we call "The Girls"..I have 3 great loves other than my family...Books...I think we could open a library with all the books in this house but I am strictly a fiction girl,I read for pure enjoyment & relaxtion...My second love is animals..any animal really,wild or not,but I have a weak spot for dogs and third is my home..I am constantly changing things up & am game to try anything (after getting the hubby on the same page that is)..but that is also what my blog is all about..Everything I love and everything I dont..What is working and whats not with my home and life in general..Lots of projects and just
plain ole country living..


 Where are you from?

I am originally from a small town lake community in Ohio.We moved to the mountains of West Virinia when I was 8 but I still have an
attachment to the water.The part of the state I live in is all small towns.There's vegetable & fruit stands on every corner,lots of tractors,and a whole lotta wildlife..Very rural,very laid back and relaxed but I guess thats what country living is all about!
 

 What is your occupation?


My day job(or I should say evening since thats when I work) is for the state. I wish I could do something I'm passionate about









..My dream is to open a no kill animal shelter but the bills have to get paid..Funny how they just keep coming no matter whats going on or what you have planned..



 How would you describe your style?

My style is a little all over the place..I love country,shabby chic,traditional,eclectic,modern...My main goal is to have a kid friendly,dog friendly comfortable welcoming home..A place where you feel you can come in,grab a drink,and prop your feet on the coffee table without worrying about messing it up..



Who has been your biggest role model?

My biggest role model is my mom..no question about it..She's one tough cookie..She has had a tough life but she's done it all with a smile & lets you know that no matter what happens you CAN & WILL get through it..
 




What is your favorite room in your home?

My favorite room is definitely my Master Bedroom..I am a firm believer in doing this room before any other..The king and queen of the castle has to have a relaxing & serene place to get away from all the stress and chaos life can bring us..Plus we need a great place to rest to get all those projects done!




What do you want readers to learn from reading your blog?

I was actually shocked when I realized people were actually reading my blog (and coming back to read more)...I just hope they get enjoyment..Thats all I want..Maybe they can find a new idea or a blog or even a friend..
 

How has blogging had an impact on your life?
Blogging has gave me the motivation to plow through projects..to try things I've always wanted to but didn't know if it would work out or even if I could do it..I have met alot of super sweet ladies and made some good friends...People around here are very positive and supportive and thats the kinda people I like to surround myself with..



Thank you Jeniffer!
Jeniffer was the winner of the Cabbages and Roses Giveaway I had on my blog.
Jeniffer is also a very sweet and creative person.
I love all of the above photos she took of the cows and horses out in the pasture.


On another note....
I will be sharing details about my bedroom makeover in my next post. 
Have a great weekend!
Take Care,
Maria

36 comments:

Rozmeen said...

Goodmorning Maria,

Love these two inspiring and beautiful blogs! I discovered these talented woman recently and love them.

Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful sunday!

Hugs,
Rozmeen

AntiqueChase said...

I have been reading Faded Plains and love her blog.. thank you for recommending Piney Flats Style.. I'm off to check it out!

Design Love said...

What beautiful blogs! I will definately visit them again....love their styles!

Cheers,

Cindy

Nancy's Notes said...

Great blogs! Thanks for sharing them, I'll be heading over to check them out today!

Your children are so great looking, love that awesome photograph of them sitting on the fence!

Nancy
Nancy's Notes

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love the styles of their homes and yours included! Thanks for sharing them today!

Rondell

Laura said...

I'd not read either of these blogs before, but I'll be definitely heading over there now. Lx

Glenda said...

I'm on my way to check out Piney Flats Style. Faded Plains is one of my all time favorites. I'm new to the blogie thingie, and Andrea has been so kind in all her comments. Love her, Love her style.
~G~

Liz Thompson said...

Two lovely blogs! And always nice to hear about another blogger from Nebraska!:)

Kelley said...

Hi Maria, I have been a big fan of Andrea for a long time and I love her store too. She is a great inspiration for me!

I will check out Piney Flats too....

~Kelley

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these great blogs with us Maria...they are really inspiring!

xo,

annie

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Thank you....it has been fun to learn a bit more about these wonderful women...both who are have wonderful and inspiring blogs!
:) Laura

Faded Plains said...

Your an absolute doll Maria...thank you so much!

xoxo, Andrea

{oc cottage} said...

Two great picks! Almost too much inspiration to take in...but I will persevere! ;}

m ^..^

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I'm off to check out faded plains right now! It looks like my kind of blog and I can see why you love her style so much.

Shannan Martin said...

Fun features! I already know (and love) Andrea, but I need to get to know Jennifer.

You're a great interviewer, by the way. :)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

HI Maria-
You couldn't have picked better blogs to spotlight!!!
Have a wonderful week!
XO
Kristin

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

I just adore Andrea...she is just lovely!Must check out the other blog! thanks!

Debbie said...

Hi sweet Maria~~~thank you for introducing us to two more great blogs! I will definately be checking these out.
Have a great week!
Debbie@houseatthelake

Free Art Printables said...

Fabulous features Maria!!!

Ness Lockyer said...

Two beautiful blogs Maria with gorgeous pictures! Hope you are well.
Ness xx

natalia said...

Thank you so much for your recommendations. I love your style and thus everything you feature on your blog... such lovely pics to start off a new week. Thanks again!!!
Natalia

Unknown said...

Hey girlie!! How'd the pies turn out??! You've picked two very lovely blogs to feature!!! I'm so thrilled that Andrea is in the book too :) Happy Monday! Chat soon...

xo

:) T

Heaven's Walk said...

Morning, Maria! What a joy it was to visit you this morning and see Jennifer and Andrea there with you! :) I ADORE both of these gals, their blogs, and their decor style. Just ADORE them! They continue to inspire me (the same way you do!), and I can't wait to pop in and swoon over their homes and their latest finds. Did I say I just ADORE them? lol! Thank you for the wonderful visit today....and I'm still counting the days..... hehe!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Unknown said...

i love andrea's blog and jenniffer's is new to me, thank you! i hope you are well!! susan

vosgesparis said...

Hello you!
I was away for some time and my mailbox is full with new posts! .... just popped in to say hello and will try to visit the blogs later on ;)

Vintage Home said...

...These ladies know how to say it for all of us!...Thanks for sharing!

Jenny @ Baileyandme2 said...

feeling inspired... thanks for the eye candy!!
love your blog, maria. you have a GIFT- i tell ya what!
jenny

jaki @ timeless country said...

how fun - 2 new & exciting blogs for me to look up!

Besides all those yummy photos..

Andrea and you have a lot of similarities, it looks like :)

Tricia said...

Hi! I just came across your blog and I have to tell you that I am loving it. You have very pretty pictures :) I think Faded Plains is wonderful too. I'll have to check out Piney Flats Style.

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*~ Love your blog! ~*~ Thanks for featuring these two wonderful blogs..I am new to blogging and am excited to follow these inspiring blogs! ;) Btw ~ You have such a gorgeous home and style!You would never know by looking at photos of your home that you have 5 kiddos! Good job keeping it so tidy!! LOVE it.. blessings, Rachel

AT HOME BLOG said...

Hi Maria! .-) You made two good choises... beautiful feature!!
Kisses
Etta

Emma Burgess said...

Thanks for sharing these new blogs- they are lovely. Emma xx. PS. I tried emailing you at the new address and it didn't seem to get to you...am I doing something wrong?!

La Belle Vie said...

These were both amazing blogs I'm thrilled to be introduced to!!

I have to tell you, your blog was one of the reasons I was inspired to start my own. I was so excited months ago when you said I could share pictures of your house on my blog which was only beginning!

I can't tell you how thrilled I was this morning to discover you are my new follower! I refreshed my page 3 times! Thank you so much for joining, I am so flattered and you have truly made my whole day sparkle!

Jessa xx

Couture Dreams said...

All of us at CoutureDreams.com LOVE your blog. It's so inspiring and your images are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

amber said...

Maria~

so fun to hear from you on my site the other day...

just to let you know i linked you up on a post i did today on decorating... i know anyone who stops by here is going to feel inspired and blessed by the beauty and sweet spirit here.

take care.

love, amber.

Jaki @ Timeless Country said...

As much as I never want to get off of your blog, you always send us out to other great bloggers!

thank you!

I'm LOVING the vintage turquoise fan. Where did you pick that up at?