Wednesday, November 21, 2012

French Farmhouse Finds, and Happy Thanksgiving


Hello!
I just wanted to do a quick post today.....
I just wanted to show a sneak peek of a few french farmhouse finds that will be available in the shop soon.....
I am sorry I haven't been able to get new items up on the site yet...
Thankfully I was able to hire my sister in law Nancy to help me load items to the site this week....
Our vintage french farmhouse items will be available for purchase this weekend.....


I love this vintage french blue bucket.....


I thought it would be perfect for holding a miniature Christmas tree during the holidays.......
The white fir Christmas tree came from Aimee at the Antique Gardener....
Thank you Aimee!


This vintage zinc milk jug is one of my favorite finds....
It's a bit rusty and worn, however I love it...
I grew up on a small dairy in Montana and I can't tell you how much I LOVE vintage milk jugs.....
They always bring back childhood memories.....


I also want to say thank you to everyone for being so patient with me during this time of the year...
I can't tell you how much I appreciate your patience during the holiday season as it is just my 18 year old daughter, Nicole and I working in the shop....
Nicole does all of the shipping labels and often times helps me pack orders in the evenings.....

Love you Nicole! 

***************************************


I also just wanted to say 
Happy Thanksgiving!
These are pictures I took last year.....
My in laws were here visiting so we got to enjoy an evening dinner at this table...
It was a dinner we will all never forget...
I think my father in law thought I had lost my mind.....
This old french door on sawhorses doesn't make the sturdiest table, but I love how it looks....
My husband and father in law were worried it was going to fall apart on us.....
and it didn't : )


I had found these vintage french baker cups and decided to fill them with flax seed....






We will also have vintage grain sack runners back in stock on Monday.....



I hope  you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Take Care,
Maria 

24 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Thanksgiving Maria to you and your family! Beautiful photos as always! BTW my family just visited and they all loved the lavender pillows I ordered from you.I just ordered more to give away as gifts for Christmas!
xx
Anne

Unknown said...

Hi maria !

happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I hope you enjoy this family-event !
Your fotos are amazing - as always !

hugs from vienna
melanie

Unknown said...

Gah I love that blue bucket with the tree in it!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Rachel said...

Your home is beautiful. Yesterday I received the December issue of Better Homes and Gardens in the mail and was delighted to find an article highlighting your home. Congratulations!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Maria,
I hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving!! I got the latest issue of BHG in the mail and was so excited to see you in there! Your home looks so beautiful (of course!). :)

xoxo
Lisa

Diana said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

A's Sweet Shoppe said...

Got my december issue of better homes and gardens and lo and behold who was in it! Congrats on the feature!

Peggy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! And what a wonderful idea to use the vintage baking cups as candle holders... especially since I have numerous vintage American mini bundt pans and popover tins that I collect.

Once again Happy Thanksgiving!

RSA Certificate said...

Yes, I remember my childhood memories too. I miss it so much.

Geli said...

Happy thanksgiving Maria! I love your new photos and the "table" is soooo dreamy! Best wishes, Geli

Anne Marie said...

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you Maria...
God bless,
Anne Marie

Katarina said...

Chandelier - great. Table - great. Idea for candles - awesome.
Daughter - beautiful. :-)
Maria, everything is lovely!

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautiful, Maria - as usual! :) I adore the simple, natural way that you decorate for the holidays. It just feels so warm, homey, and welcoming! So glad that you had a great Thanksgiving, sweetie!

xoxo laurie

Anonymous said...

Oh Maria,
I wish more than anything that I could buy that gorgeous blue pitcher!!! But Santa has lot's of gifts to buy:)
Beautiful photos dear Maria, I know I say this all of the time, but your style is fabulous!!
I hope you and your beautiful family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!~
Sincerely,
Melinda

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...



Just beautiful !!!!! I posted some pics today on my blog .. then i saw your dreamy pics.. I was like OMGOSH LOVE !!!!!!!!! . your blog is amazing !!!!!!!! Hope that your thanksgiving was blessed !!! love all the pics

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Everything is beautiful!

Antonella @ Pretty House Things said...

That tree looks like it belonged in the blue bucket all along! It looks stunning. Lovely images.

Carole said...

I love that blue bucket as well. Such a pretty vignette. And such a lovely, yet simple, table setting. I'm all about natural and simple these days. :-)

Unknown said...

The best design I've ever seen! If I had such an appartment/house I would never leave it. It's so calming and still. I guess that all the stresses of the day fade away when you come home. Great!

freelance mommy blog

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

So pretty, Maria. I loved seeing you and your family in the BHandG magazine. Beautiful!

~Shanon

Alison @ BaysideVintage said...

Absolutely beautiful photos as always Maria, truly inspirational! Best wishes, Alison

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Congratulation Maria !! What an honour to be featured in Better Homes & Gardens !! In comparison It would be the same for me with Vakre Home & Interior. Lovely picture of your family from the magazine.

I love your new French farmhouse products , want them all of course :) Hope you have time to rest your feet and enjoy a little bit also during the holidays, I know how stressful it can be. Nice of Nicole to help you out.

~ Aina ~

Unknown said...

This is an awesome blog.Continue to keep up the very good operate. I completely enjoyed reading your blog.

ipad Video

Heri said...

Welcoming Christmas is getting closer to me fir Christmas tree from Aimee in Antique Gardener .... it was pretty good ..... to decorate a private room .... must be in ornamental let so much better .... .