Thursday, December 6, 2012

French Farmhouse Christmas Items in the Shop, Wintersteen Farms Wreaths, and a Container Sale


Hello!
Last week I listed a few of our handmade French Farmhouse Christmas items in our shop along with some vintage treasures last week......


 I still have a lot of items to load to our site....
The house has been rearranged one too many times this past month for product pictures.....
I wanted to share a few images of some of the items you will find in our shop.....




We make these bags using grain sacks and then paint the numbers on the bags using Martha Stewart stencils....
The girls and I had fun making the advent calendars......


We used our dutch butcher twine to tie them to this vintage french orchard ladder.


Here we cut out the stripes of a grain sack and turn it into ribbon for making bows......
It takes almost an entire grain sack to make the ribbon...


We make gift bags out of the scraps of the grain sack....


My sister, Liz made this adorable pot cover that is made from a grain sack....


This year I am crazy about these little Christmas trees......
(I get my trees from The Antique Gardener.)


I tried to find as many of these vintage french zinc wash buckets as I could.....
I have a few of these available in our shop.....



One of my favorite vintage french buckets that has found a new home....




A fun way to give a gift, put it in a bag made from vintage linens....













I will be listing some of these vintage french trivets....


My sister in law turned some antique ceiling tin tiles into frames....
I have seen ornaments hung from old windows in the past, so I thought it would be a fun idea to do with an empty tin frame.......





I am hoping they will arrive in the next couple of days......
A special thank you to Sara Duckett of Sadie Olive for designing the text on our cards, I love how they turned out.......

I will be posting updates on facebook when new items are listed in the shop over the next couple of weeks.

******************************


On another note....
I recently received my Wintersteen Farms wreath in the mail......
I have been getting my wreaths from Wintersteen Farms the past three years and love their wreaths.....
Their wreaths are one of my favorite gifts to give during the holidays.....
Wintersteen Farms is a 36 acre noble and douglas fir tree farm.
The tree farm is owned and operated by Jeff and Kelly Kansla.  Jeff Kansla is my cousin.....

The wreaths are hand crafted from start to finish.

The material used to hand-craft their wreaths are cut daily to ensure freshness that will last throughout the season....



You can find out more about the Wintersteen Farms wreaths by visiting 
Wintersteen Farms..................

*********************************************

I recently shot a candy story for Souvenir Lifestyle Magazine........
 I shared my three favorite recipes in the Souvenir Holiday issue......
My sisters taught me how to make candy and I shared recipes that were handed down from my sisters
I wanted to share a few images from the story....
It is one of my favorite stories I have shot for Souvenir.....



Caramels are an easy candy to make and are such a fun gift to give to someone special during the holidays..... Here I displayed them in an antique french jam pot.....
These jam pots are fun containers to put your candy in and give as gifts.....
I will be adding more of these vintage french jam pots to my site soon.
You can find the rest of my candy story and my three favorite recipes in the
Souvenir Lifestyle Magazine.
It is available digitally on the Souvenir website.....
Souvenir Lifestyle Magazine.

***********************************************
 

On a final note....
Marina Geest of Over the Ocean Antiques is having a container sale today at Sue's Country Barn in Manteca CA....
Marina imports beautiful unique antiques from Europe....
I wanted to share some images of Marina's space at the Chateau Sonoma Flea Market that was held this spring (I posted about the sale here)


Marina imports beautiful french antiques..... as well as items from Holland and Belgium....





As you can see Marina imports beautiful items....

Marina's sale will be held at Sue's Country Barn in Manteca, CA.....
Thursday, December 6th 6pm to 5pm
It will also be held
Friday December 7th through Sunday December 9th, 10am to 5pm

The address for Sue's Barn is
12607 hwy. 120, Manteca, CA
You can contact Marina Geest at 209-327-9440.....

Hope to see you at the sale.....

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely post with all your gorgeous photos. That tree skirt is fantastic! Maria, did you know that you can easily watermark (and copyright protect)all your gorgeous photos, using Picmonkey? Just Google some instructions. It's really easy!

Mary said...

Everything looks so beautiful, Maria!
You have such an amazing gift! :)
xo

Herzstück said...

Hello Maria,

I love your wonderful ideas and your photos!!!!!
All the best from Germany.
Best regards, Angela

Jo said...

bellissimo ;)

Burlap Luxe said...

Everything os so beautiful. How inspiring to see your family so involved in your venture.
Love the advent bags, so beautifully displayed.
Wish I were much closer to shop the container sale, these events are always so exciting.

Your Christmas card is perfect, all is calm over here.
Xx
Doré

paige said...

oh maria, so much goodness all in one post. i feel the need to go grab one of my tin frames & hang some ornaments. actually the exact ones you have hung would be perfect ;)
caramels? oh my. heaven.
your home...there are just no words.

Meg Mitchell said...

Love this post. Lots of great ideas for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I really love the Advent calendar of vintage grain sacks, what a fabulous idea. Love the whitewashed vintage frame, too, very beautiful! It's all so beautiful =)

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love all your items! The photos are beautiful.

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

It's all so lovely Maria..always love your posts! :)

SmithShack71 said...

So much eye candy. I've probably commented before about your photos being eye candy, and if I didn't... I probably meant to... and I'm thinking I will again in the future, because -Dang! Gorgeous pics.
So sweet to my eyes.
Have a great weekend!

-Angie

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Everything is beautiful!

Pura Vida said...

so many lovely things to browse over!

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

I never tire of your gorgeous pictures, nor of your brilliant styling Maria - you have such a gift

wishing you a lovely weekend

Sharon

bec said...

I have been drooling over each and every image....the tin frames are to die for!
great inspiration..thankyou!
Bec x

Straight Wigs said...

Thanks for your sharing, it's a good post, keep going and support you.

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

Hi Maria~
I came by to wish you and oyur family a wonderful Christmas!
I was just in Anthropologie in NYC yesterday shopping and bought that fabulous wreath! Your red striped ribbon looks lovely with it.
Your home looks beautiful, as always!
We've recently moved from a 126 yr. old formal Victorian to a 49 acre, 200 yr. old farmhouse. I'm having the time of my life decorating this amazing house I'm so excited to call home (I'll show pix soon).
Bilancia Designs is growing... I'll soon have another business to announce. I'd love to share with you beforehand..I see quite a few things I'd like in your shop (those beautiful pitchers! I HAVE to have the one with the blue peaking through!! My collection is GONE :(.
(I'll email shortly.)
Wishing you and your family a beautiful, blessed Christmas~
Lisa

Sami Pat said...

What a joy it has been to find you and to appreciate how you make seasonal decorating about adding simple 'touches' of greenery, color and pure white.

Aileen@AtHomeinLove said...

Love each and every one of these photos and ideas!!! SO lovely. The little tree in the zinc bucket and the tapers in the vintage canister are my favorites.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

I love Amiee shop in Sutter Creek..I was friends with her grandmother and grandpa..In fact her Dad dad my road work 30 years ago..small world indeed..Love your Blog Maria..maybe one day I can even meet you..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Flohmarktfee said...

Hi Maria,

Wonderful Christmas pictures.
Thanks a lot!

All the Best,
Birgit

nurherbal said...

putih yang menarik

obat asam urat said...

innovative design and original content that requires me to teru and continue to visit, thanks